Happy Friday!! We are so ready for the weekend around here, I am hosting a shower for one of my best friends (& her baby girl) tomorrow, then it’s spa day Sunday, plus lots of family time in between!! In the meantime, I thought it would be fun to share some of my current obsessions, the start of the new year brings so much goodness & there is LOTS to love out there right now. 🙂
1. Gap’s baby & toddler spring line is totally killing it, has anyone else fallen in love with it like I have?! Obsessed would be an understatement, the yellow & neutral colors speak my fashion language! I have my eye on lots for both girls, especially this dress
for Waverly Maye & this one
for her little sister.
2. I seriously cannot stop organizing or getting rid of things around the house right now, it’s that time of year, right?! We are currently in the planning process of lots of house projects, there is so much to do before baby girl comes in five short months! First on the list was to organize our playroom, I used these totes
to get all of Waverly’s toys in some sort of order. I swear I have a basket/tote addiction.
3. One of my “resolutions” for 2015 was to get Waverly off the iphone, her addiction had gotten out of control & to the point that she was texting more people in my phone than I was. 😉 We went cold turkey, it was hard but she is doing really well now! I am still letting her use the ipad, we downloaded lots of new apps & she loves them! Some of our favorites are PBS Kids, Elmo 123, & the Coloring Game.
4. It is soup season at our house, we love to make soups this time of year since they are so easy & last a while! I had a major fail last weekend, I attempted to make a pasta fagioli but instead made a bowl of mush. I accidentally turned the crock pot on warm instead of high, which apparently makes a really big difference. 😉 I am looking to redeem myself this weekend with this soup recipe
, fingers crossed!
5. Much like the rest of the country, we are FREEZING here in VB. We got a few flurries the other day, but other than that, are crossing our fingers for some real snow. I feel like if it’s going to be this cold, we should be rewarded with the pretty stuff! 🙂 In the meantime, we are dressing in layers upon layers, this Gap leopard coat my mom got for Waverly is a definite favorite & I have my eye on this one (on sale) from Zara for both girls next year!
6. Oh, Valentine’s Day, we are already so excited for you!! It is definitely one of our favorite holidays & we are really looking forward it this year. I ordered Waverly this chair backer
to give her some goodies soon, I can’t wait to hang it February 1st!
Wishing you all the happiest (& warmest) weekend!