It’s the middle of the week (& crazy close to the middle of January), so I’m thinking a completely random post is in order. Here goes! 🙂
1. I have to start with it, ROLL TIDE!!!!!!! We are big college football fans, & even bigger Bama fans, I was up way later than I’ve been in months (maybe years?) on Monday night but it was more than worth it. So freaking excited!
2. Anyone else obsessed with watching their kids sleep? Avalon is a pretty deep sleeper so it’s become easy for me to be the biggest creeper ever lately. I seriously can’t stop.
3. Speaking of sleep, I feel like I’m constantly in the dilemma of whether or not to try to get Waverly to nap lately. Most days she will fight a nap (& try damn hard to negotiate her way out of it), then by the time she gives in, she ends up sleeping for so long that I end up having to wake her up. At that point she’s usually groggy & moody for a little while, gets her second wind and of course, then bedtime is near impossible (the other night she was up “teaching a class” to her dolls in her room until 9:30!). So those of you with kids around age three, what do you do? Is your babe still napping? I never thought I would want to see the day that I didn’t get a nap time to get things done, but I almost think it would be easier for everyone. I would love to hear your thoughts!!
4. My husband is making us a new headboard and I’m so excited for it to be done soon! That was all I asked for Christmas from him, it’s taken a little longer than we had planned but I know it will be worth the wait. One of my goals in the new year is to redecorate our bedroom, we recently got this
duvet cover (plus the matching pillows!) for our bed to pair with it. They are SO comfortable, we feel like we are sleeping in a hotel bed.
5. My baby girl will be three & a half at the end of this month. Like halfway to FOUR! So crazy. I plan to do a post on her soon, she has grown so much in the last few months since starting school and I’m so proud of her. We started with tears every time we dropped her off and now she wakes up every morning and says “is me going to school today?”. She absolutely loves it and I just couldn’t love her one little bit more.
6. One of the parents of the girls in my class made a comment a couple months back that I just can’t get out of my head, and I feel like it’s exactly the way I want to think as I look towards the new year & my word, embrace. She has two girls, they are the same distance apart that Waverly and Avalon are, and both of them are in high school now. She said if she could go back, she would let go of everything and just “play kitchen” with her girls. I love this, it really can be so hard to forget about never ending to-do lists and just focus on every little part of our kids, but it’s ALWAYS worth it. Last night Waverly made me three ice cream cones and tea for two, it was way past her bedtime (she napped yesterday!), but it was perfect. Those are the moments I know I will desperately want back when I have high schoolers running out of the house all too soon.
7. In less sentimental news, these fringe booties. They would be adorable with jeans, tights or leggings for all of winter and into spring. I will take every single color. Please.
8. Have you seen this Conan video? So funny, so perfect for the midweek laugh! Hope you all are having a great one! XO