6. After high school, I went to Radford University in Southwestern, VA. Most of my favorite memories from those four years have to do with my sorority, Sigma Sigma Sigma. I was President and lived in the sorority house my senior year.
7. While at Radford, I majored in Fashion Marketing. I decided on my major because I love fashion, style, and everything that has to do with it. But after graduation, I learned that I didn’t want to move to a big city away from my family … and that is where all of the fashion jobs were.
8. I am a high school Fashion Marketing teacher. After the realization of Question #7, I decided to get my teaching license and got super lucky to land my job at a high school less than 15 minutes from my house.
9. Each year, I plan a fashion show at my school. My students are the models, we borrow clothes from local stores, and we always choose a theme. My husband proposed on stage three years ago. The theme was “A Fairytale in Fashion.” It couldn’t have been more fitting.
10. After planning my backyard vintage-themed wedding, I absolutely fell in love with planning events of any kind. I am already planning Waverly’s birthday party. I will try to keep in under control.
11. My favorite “me” things to do? Watch reality TV and shop, of course.
The 11 Questions from Kristin and my Answers:
1. What are you currently reading or the last book you read? I love a light & fun beach read (Think Confessions of a Shopaholic), but since having Waverly Maye, I definitely haven’t found the time. The current book on my nightstand? What to Expect the First Year.
2. What did you want to be when you grew up? Um, everything. I still haven’t given up on many dream jobs … I just have so many passions & interests that it is hard to pick just one. But ultimately (and I still feel this way), I wanted to be a mom.
3. What is your biggest fear? This is more of a day-to-day fear, but I’m completely OCD and hate clutter, being disorganized, and being un-prepared. It seriously gets me really nervous & uncomfortable. I’m trying to work on that.
4. What is your biggest accomplishment? I totally know this is cliche, but it’s definitely Waverly Maye. Although I know I can’t completely take credit for how wonderful I think she is, I really have learned a lot over the last seven months and feel like I’m doing OK at this whole “mom” thing.
5. Are you a weekly meal planner or are you a fly by the seat of your pants kind of eater? It depends. With lunches, I am definitely a planner. I eat pretty healthy and have found what works for me, so I pretty much eat the same lunch everyday. But dinners? Although I try to plan, that is totally my domestic downfall.
6. What would be your ideal date? Definitely just me and the hubby having a seafood dinner over a bottle of wine. And if we are really dreaming big, it would be back in the Bahamas where we had our honeymoon.
7. What is your inspiration for your blog? First and foremost, Waverly Maye. I love the fact that she will be able to look back on this one day and write with that in mind.
8. Pet person? How many and what kind? We have two dogs, a lab & a toy yorkie. Waverly is obsessed with our lab and will spend many minutes of the day just gazing at him. It’s too cute.
9. If you had 24 hours alone, how would you spend it? This totally seems so unrealistic right now … but the thought alone is a little tempting. I would get a manicure and pedicure, lay on the beach reading one of those Shopaholic books, drink a daquiri, and obviously fit in a little shopping.
10. Neutral or colorful? Totally depends on my mood. But in fashion and interior design, I find a need for both. Just at different times and in different cases.
11. What is your favorite vacation spot? Without a doubt, the Island Seas in Freeport, Bahamas. This was where we honeymooned and were some of the best 7 days of my entire life.
I am Giving the Liebster Award To:
|Waverly’s sweater is from Baby Gap, skinny jeans are from Macy’s, and Headband from Little Hip Squeaks on Etsy.|