I never shy away from an opportunity to accept an award, so even though I have already done a Liebster post, I am excited to share again. I want to THANK Claudia at Pretty Little Dahlia for thinking of me with this award, which is a way of reconizing up & coming blogs. It really is an honor and even though I didn’t even know what a Liebster Award was less than three months ago, I am so appreciative. And of course, so is the star (and reason) for my blog, Waverly Maye.
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then create 11 new questions for the bloggers your pass the award to next.
3. Choose new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell than about the award.
5. No tag backs.
My 11 Random Facts: (As Used Last Time)
1. I have looked forward to being a mom my entire life. Really, even when I was little. I felt like it was what I was meant to do. And now that I officially am, I completely understand why I have always felt this way.
2. My husband & I met in Math class when I was in 10th grade and he was in 11th. We met at the beginning of second semester one day when I was wearing my cheerleading uniform. I had a 100.00% average first semester and a 72.00% the second. We dated on & off ever since, and got married two years ago.
3. Both my husband and I are one of four children, two girls & two boys. I am the oldest and he is the youngest.
4. Keeping on the “my hubby & I” theme … We are both are very close to our families and live within two streets of both of our parents. We lived in the same neighborhood in high school and both our families have since moved … but to the same new neighborhood. Which, again, is within two streets of ours.
6. After high school, I went to Radford University in Southwestern, VA. Most of my favorite memories from those four years have to do with my sorority, Sigma Sigma Sigma. I was President and lived in the sorority house my senior year.
7. While at Radford, I majored in Fashion Marketing. I decided on my major because I love fashion, style, and everything that has to do with it. But after graduation, I learned that I didn’t want to move to a big city away from my family … and that is where all of the fashion jobs were.
8. I am a high school Fashion Marketing teacher. After the realization of Question #7, I decided to get my teaching license and got super lucky to land my job at a high school less than 15 minutes from my house.
9. Each year, I plan a fashion show at my school. My students are the models, we borrow clothes from local stores, and we always choose a theme. My husband proposed on stage three years ago. The theme was “A Fairytale in Fashion.” It couldn’t have been more fitting.
10. After planning my backyard vintage-themed wedding, I absolutely fell in love with planning events of any kind. I am already planning Waverly’s birthday party. I will try to keep in under control.
11. My favorite “me” things to do? Watch reality TV and shop, of course.
The 11 Questions from Claudia and my Answers:
1. Why did you choose to start blogging? I initially started a blog while planning my wedding as a way to keep track of the million DIY projects I was attempting to tackle. By the time we got married, I loved the virtual scrapbook I had created and now am able to look back on. So when I got pregnant, it was an obvious choice to create a blog for the little bundle of joy we had on the way. I had no idea of the world of opportunities it would provide – including a network to meet other moms & get great advice.
2. Which is your favorite blog post so far that is in your blog? There are many favorites (since I can never get enough of talking about my girl), but my most prized, precious post would have to be Waverly’s birth story. Even in the craziness of the first week with a new baby, I somehow managed to put this post together (most likely in the middle of one of many sleepless nights, while dressed in sweatpants that didn’t fit my post-baby body.) I am so thankful to have this to look back on and to share with Waverly Maye one day.
3. What is your goal for your blog? From the start, the main priority of my blog is Waverly Maye. I love the fact that she will be able to look back on what life was like when she was little. While I appreciate each & every follower, valuable feedback, and anything else Words About Waverly may bring, that will always be first & foremost to me.
4. Do you have a favorite blog? I really, really enjoy reading blogs. So much so that I do it pretty much everyday. I have too many favorites to list, but I will admit that I get super excited each time I open my blogger page to find that one of them has posted. It’s the little things in life, right?!
5. What do you look for in a blog in order for you to start following it? At this point in my life, most of my favorite blogs are written by moms. I find that I can relate to mom blogs the most, especially those who have babies around the same age as Waverly Maye.
6. What is the technology gadget that you cannot live without? Definitely my IPhone. I’m not sure I remember life without it. Which is why when I left it on top of my car a couple of months ago and a homeless man retrieved it from one of the main roads in our area – I was forever grateful. (As was Waverly, she loves it, too.)
7. Do you have another hobby other than blogging? What is it? Shopping. My passion for blogging is much cheaper than the one for shopping, so I’m trying to put more time into the blogging one. I’m sure my wallet, and my husband, would appreciate that.
8. What is your favorite book or movie of all time? I’m going to go with the movie one, because I can’t remember the last time I had enough time to read a book other than “What To Expect the First Year.” My two favorite movies of all time are “Father of the Bride” & “The Notebook.” (Cliche, I know.)
9. What are some of your favorite foods that you love to eat? The foods I love to eat are not exactly the foods that I eat, honestly. If I ate all the foods that I wanted, all the time, I would probably still weigh somewhere around what I did nine months preggers. I love all carbs & all sweets. But my favorite healthy foods are yogurt, granola, and strawberries (sometimes all at once.)
10. What are you most proud of and why? Againe, this is totally cliche … but Waverly Maye. Although I don’t think I can take full credit for how wonderful I think she is, I often find myself looking down at that sweet face in disbelief that she is a product of me (and my hubby.)
I am Giving the Liebster Award To:
The 11 Questions I’m Giving Them to Answer:
1. What is your favorite time of day?
2. What is the most hated chore on your household list?
3. What is your favorite item of clothing?
4. What did you want to be when you grew up?
5. What is your most essential appliance?
6. What is the best advice you have ever given?
7. Do you prefer TV or movies?
8. Do you prefer the big city or the country?
9. What is your best childhood memory?
10. If you could be one age forever, what age would it be?
11. How close do you live to your birthplace?
Thanks again, Claudia, and to my readers who take time to read & give feedback to this little blog that started with one single reader. And of course, thanks to my mom for being that one. Always. 🙂