I know we’re already a few weeks into spring, but I thought it would be fun to share some of the things we have planned to get into over the next couple of months! Being outside is our favorite & nothing makes me happier than the weather warming up after hibernating inside (or at Target) for what feels like forever. I’m extra excited this year since I’m not in my third trimester of pregnancy, so I’m a little more mobile, and Avalon is old enough to actually enjoy most of what we do!
1. Bike Ride. We bought a bike trailer a few years back when Waverly was little, it fits two and I’m so excited to put both girls in it for some family bike rides!
2. The Zoo. One of our favorite activities, we are really looking forward to be able to do this again! They also have a splash pad when it really warms up.
3. Homemade Popsicles
. Love this round-up
of two ingredient recipes, I know both girls would absolutely love them and I feel like if it’s only two ingredients, it’s realistic that I will do it. And how cute are these molds
4. Picnic at the Park. We did this the other night on our back porch and then the following day for lunch, it was such a refreshing change. Would love to try it at park in our neighborhood as well!
5. Sidewalk Chalk & Painting Party Outside. I’ll be the first to admit that our afternoons of painting were few & far between over the winter, it’s just so.much.MESS that the thought of it is sometimes too much. But outside?! YES! 🙂 Hope the neighbors don’t mind the sight of two naked girlies outside painting soon.
6. DIY Projects.
We have quite a few house projects we want to attempt, painting our fence and cleaning out the backyard are two of them. And an inside project, my husband drove to Ikea last week to get the hemnes coffee table
(since we love our dresser so much) and I’m so excited to hack it.
7. Botanical Gardens
. Can’t wait to do this
8. Wash our Cars. We’ve never done this with Waverly & I feel like she would be all about it.
. We’ve already been doing some of this lately, just spending time outside! Our backyard is great for this, one of my favorite parts of our house.
10. Beach Trips. This is one of my favorite times of year to go to the beach, since it’s not quite that busy yet or too hot to really enjoy it. The girls & I have ventured there just to explore lately and it is so, so much fun, the perfect activity to just let them be free and tire them out for bedtime.
And a couple photos from yesterday, we pulled out our spring dresses for the sunshine and oh, how happy it makes me! As do they.
What are some of your favorite activities for spring?! And wishing you all the happiest weekend with WARM weather. XO