Fashion Friday

First, thank you all for your thoughts on Waverly’s napping situation!!  Sometimes the best thing a mama can hear (even better than advice) is that she is not alone, and this community is so great about that.  We have decided to try to drop her nap for the most part, but of course as soon I made that decision she fell asleep on the couch at 3pm yesterday. 😉  I bribed her to get up with ice cream, and bedtime went waaaay smoother last night.  Yay!  And can we all agree that we would like to turn the tables & have our little ones tuck us in to nap every afternoon?  Funny how that works.
In other news, I’m really excited to start a new series on the blog for the new year, Fashion Fridays!!  Most of you know that I was a fashion major in college & love, love all things style, I’ve actually been even more inspired by fashion since starting this blog.  So I thought it would be fun to highlight some favorites at the end of each week, mostly for the girls!  This Friday I’m kicking off the series with the most adorable shop, Olive & Birdie.
We are so in love with these big & little sister shirts, you know how I feel about gold and I love any opportunity to match the girls.  They would be perfect for a new big sister/big brother to wear coming to the hospital to meet a baby for the first time!  They also have tons of adorable options right now for Valentines Day, including these leggings with the cutest heart leg patches.
The biggest thank you to Christina for sending these to the girls, we love supporting fellow moms & always shop small when we can! 🙂  If you have an Etsy shop or small business and would like to work together on a future Fashion Friday, please email me at abrickner1@gmail.com.
And lastly, before I sign off for the weekend, this story because I can’t wait to tell Waverly Maye all. about.it one day.  I was getting her ready for school this week, which is always a circus since we have to get everyone ready & out of the house early.  I did her hair in pigtail buns (again, always a circus, she HATES getting her hair done, please tell me your toddler feels the same way).  And this is when the biggest epic meltdown ever started.  EVER.  Because I didn’t do her hair in a braid “like Elsa, and I AM ELSA!  ELSA!  I’M NOT ANNA!  I’M ELSA”.  There were tears on tears on tears, it was easily the most upset I’ve seen her in months.  I took about 500 deep breaths and tried to work through it, we were already late and the last thing I wanted to do was make us later for an Elsa braid.  Yet I’m sure you can guess what happened.  Girlfriend got her Elsa hair and I was the asshole parent who showed up late to school.
Waverly – 1, Mom – 0.  It’s not always roses and butterflies over here, but always entertaining. 🙂
HAPPY weekend, friends!
Share:

1. January 15, 2016 / 1:20 pm

Those two and those shirts! Does it get any cuter? Methinks not! 🙂

2. January 15, 2016 / 1:37 pm

And I'm sure this won't be the last time she's late to something because of a hair problem ;). And oh don't I know how as soon as you make a decision about napping (or not) they will change their mind! I'd choose ice cream over a nap any day 🙂

3. January 15, 2016 / 1:49 pm

What adorable shirts, I love the glitz and the glam, lady! What a funny story now, but I totally see the frustration at the time. Oh Elsa!

4. January 15, 2016 / 2:05 pm

Bahaha! Dying over that story because the same thing has totally happened to us!! Multiple times! Ah! And I'm so glad my daughter isn't the only one who names hair styles after Elsa and Anna, ha!
    LOVE those shirts!!

5. January 15, 2016 / 2:38 pm

So precious, adorable!!

6. January 15, 2016 / 2:42 pm

Oh my gosh, I am not looking forward to hair drama!! It's amazing what causes these toddlers to burst into tears!! PS This post totally made me want another baby so I could get matching sister shirts….with my luck, I'd have another boy and never get that wish granted. Have a great weekend!!

7. January 15, 2016 / 2:54 pm

Love those tees on the girls! And the Elsa meltdown… So adorable and ridiculous all at the same time. It's what I love about this age.

8. January 15, 2016 / 4:40 pm

um, yeah.
    we were late to school today and my daughter showed up in her very favorite cinderella shirt, still damp from the wash.
    this outfit drama doesn't happen with boys!

9. January 15, 2016 / 6:06 pm

i LOVE the idea of fashion fridays. BUT only if i get to be elsa too 😉

10. January 15, 2016 / 6:13 pm

I'm not leaving the house without my Elsa hair either, lol! Love that feisty girl – one day all these stories will be so fun to tell her (and will be worth the fine lines and gray hairs, lol!) And those shirts are presh!!!

11. January 15, 2016 / 6:16 pm

Sweet Waverly. We'd all love to be Elsa, sweet girl!

12. January 15, 2016 / 9:33 pm

Oh the troubles of a toddler. It really is such a hard life. hah 🙂 At least you can look back on that stressful situation and laugh about it. Though in the moment – it's never very funny.

13. January 15, 2016 / 10:38 pm

What other hairstyles are you able to do on her? I find braids to be tough on kids' hair because it's usually very fine and falls out!

14. January 16, 2016 / 2:18 am

Avalon's face in the last picture. Hahahaha. So good.

I love the idea of this weekly series! You're the best!

15. Anonymous
    January 16, 2016 / 3:54 am

Woo hoo for fashion fridays! Love seeing new (matching) outfits 😉

16. January 16, 2016 / 4:46 pm

My Delta Mae is begging for Elsa braids these days too, and bless her heart, her Mama here doesn't know how to french braid. Eek!!