Fall Footwear

TGIF friends, I hope you all had a wonderful week!  It’s been a crazy one our way, with two trips to the pediatrician in three days, the first time because both girls got pink-eye (helloooo two kids!), and the second to get some relief from Avalon’s reflux, which seems to be getting worse.  Waverly used to be crazy shy around our doctor and not say a word, but now that we have seen her so much lately, they are pretty much besties.  She told her that Bogger (our dog) ate her bagel, that her newest baby doll’s name was Debbie & that she needed a band-aid, and that we just left dance but the lights weren’t on because her Miss Gita (her teacher) was taking a nap.

The lights part was true.  I got Waverly dressed in her tutu & leotard, packed both girls in the car and drove us all the way to dance, got them both out of their car seats and walked to the door – only to realize that the place was completely closed since the last day of summer dance class was last week.  Yep, we are very ready for the weekend (and thankfully, just in time, both girls eyes are back to normal & Avalon seems to be doing better, too!).

In other news, fall fashion!! 🙂  I love so many things about getting dressed in the fall, and my favorite part might just be bringing boots back!  I have such an obsession with booties, I would wear them year-round if I could.  I think they are such a great way to be stylish but comfortable at the same time.  I’ve found some of my favorites for this year (all under $100), as well as a wedge & flat for some versatility, if booties aren’t your thing.

Vintage Booties, Cranberry Wedges, Fringe Bootie, Camel Fringe Bootie, Nude Flats, Grey Booties

Those fringe ones with hidden heel might just be my pick to add to my collection this year, how cute would they be with a floral dress before it gets really cold?!  I also love this hat, which could be paired with any of the shoes (or really, anything you put on!) all fall long.  Such a good price!

And since it’s still way too hot here to wear anything fall-appropriate, we will just pretend with fringe & fall colors!  I can’t even take Waverly’s little pose in the top picture, I feel like I am looking into my future with (two) teenage daughters.

Happy, happy weekend!

1. August 21, 2015 / 11:27 am

Oh my, those booties and shoes are amazing. love the fun fringe detail! And goodness, Waverly is all kinds of precious in her outfit with her lil fringe purse. TOO CUTE! Happy Friday, gorgeous! xoxo

2. August 21, 2015 / 12:20 pm

It honk I need to get on the bootie trend. They are so cute. I need to find a pair that work for me.

3. August 21, 2015 / 1:04 pm

Those cranberry wedges need to make their way to me stat. I love me some booties – and have several pairs/styles that I am looking forward to wearing again soon!:) Hope little Avalon is feeling better now! Pink eye and reflux? Yuck!

4. August 21, 2015 / 1:45 pm

Um, swooning over your picks. And the fringe! Love that you have little miss in on the fringe action 😉

5. August 21, 2015 / 1:51 pm

Oh no, pink eye?! Lots of healing thoughts your way. And I am finally finally thinking I may get a pair of booties. In the past I have been all about tall boots, but I am loving that vintage pair.

6. August 21, 2015 / 11:47 pm

I also can't wait for the fall fashions to commence! I am trying to wear all my super summery clothes one last time before they get stored away. Love the grey DSW booties!

7. August 22, 2015 / 2:21 am

Oh no, what a bummer about the dance mishap!! Hope you guys have a nice relaxing weekend! 🙂 And those shoes are all so cute, makes me want to go on a shopping spree!

8. August 22, 2015 / 4:40 am

Oh my gosh! Waverly! I love her sweet poses! She's going to be a handful when she's a teenager =P
    SO glad Avalon's reflux is getting better! I swear Zantac was a game changer with Mason!
    Hope you guys have the best weekend! xo

9. August 22, 2015 / 9:50 pm

Reflux & pink eye? Yikes! Waverly is killing it in that first picture! Such sass! Love it! I've been all about riding boots in the past but am jumping on the bootie train this season! Can't wait!!

10. August 24, 2015 / 12:32 am

All those boogie options make me so excited about the Fall weather! Xo, Stephanie

11. August 24, 2015 / 12:06 pm

Love how you dress Waverly! I'm just curious, does she ever fight back on what you want her to wear? If so, how do you deal with that? Sweethughes.blogspot.com

• August 26, 2015 / 1:23 am

Thank you! Lately, some … she loves girly things & accessories so that is good! I find it helps if I give her options!!!!!