Scenes from Our Weekend

Happy Monday, hope you all had a wonderful weekend & are having a great start to the week!  Our first weekend of a family of four was a busy one, which seemed fitting since that just seems to be life these days. 🙂  Waverly had her first dance recital, I had been looking forward to it since she started dance months ago & thought the timing of it was perfect, with so much going on, she deserved a day all about her!  I had to miss the dress rehearsal the weekend before since I was in the hospital, yet luckily in all the craziness, my mom & sister managed to get her there, dressed in her costume, which got her completely excited for the real thing.

We got up early the day of her recital to take a family trip to Target for her to pick out her own red lipstick & a prize for after her dance was done (she chose Frozen & Elsa band-aids, but was definitely more excited about the band-aids), and then headed home to do her hair, make-up, & put on her glittery costume.
Basically all of my girl mama dreams come true.

I was a little nervous about how she would do in the show, she is much younger than the other girls in her class, some of them are even five, but ultimately I was so incredibly proud of her.  She walked right out on stage & did (most) of the moves for both dances, plus she stayed backstage the entire time & I didn’t even get an emergency “come get your kid” call from one of the stage moms. 😉  I am so glad I put her in dance, it really has helped her become more independent & though it’s a little bittersweet that she is old enough for all of this, my heart could really have burst while watching her.

We spent the rest of our weekend at the pool trying to stay cool, we took the girls to my grandparents so that Waverly could swim while Avalon slept & ate inside in the AC.  So far, our littlest lady is such a good sleeper, we really can’t believe it since Waverly never did this, even in her first couple of weeks.  We have yet to find a place she doesn’t love to rest & just keep reminding ourselves to enjoy this time while it lasts. 🙂
Momaroo
And just like that, it’s Monday & daddy is back to work (which seems to feel a little more painful now that we have two).  My mom & I took the girls for their first trip to the mall this morning, it took a couple hours for me to get all three of us out the door to meet her, but overall, it was a win! 🙂  Waverly did so well & kept peeking her little face in the stroller to tell Avalon, “we are girlfriends forever, you are just like me”.
Seriously, they slay me.
Headband & Bow, Waverly’s Top, Avalon’s Romper
Happy week ahead!

1. June 15, 2015 / 6:50 pm

That last picture!!! My heart is melting!
    Waverly looks so cute in her recital outfit! So nice that she got a day that was all about her!

2. June 15, 2015 / 7:06 pm

That's is so cute and amazing that she did so well at her first dance recital! I think noah would have been excited for band aids too!

3. June 15, 2015 / 7:08 pm

Awwwwwwwwww, so sweet! Waverly looks like the perfect lil dancer and I think it's so cute she picked out those bandaids as her treat! <3

4. June 15, 2015 / 7:23 pm

That last picture…heart.melted. So sweet! It still takes us way too long to get ready and out the door and Stella is 8 months old. ha.

5. June 15, 2015 / 7:31 pm

OH my gosh, that last picture so cute! I cannot wait for my daughter to be old enough to do dance, she already love dancing at 1!

6. June 15, 2015 / 8:35 pm

gah! she's the cutest big sister in the history of EVER! and that dance uniform?! i DIE. its seriously the cutest!!

7. June 15, 2015 / 8:52 pm

Love all the pictures of your girls! And yes, Mondays are a bit tougher now that there are two!

8. June 15, 2015 / 8:59 pm

they are so precious! and we are obsessed with bandaids right now as well!

9. June 15, 2015 / 9:48 pm

They are the sweetest!! Mabel has those hot air balloon jammies but they're the next size up so she hasn't grown into them yet :p I can't wait though! They're so sweet!

10. June 15, 2015 / 10:46 pm

Glad to hear that the recital went well!! They are both so adorable

11. June 16, 2015 / 2:58 am

Ahh!! "We are girlfriends forever" MELTING! Your girls are so sweet 🙂

12. June 16, 2015 / 1:10 pm

Waverly's little costume and red lipstick – I die.
    Those ladies are just the sweetest. They're going to be the best of friends.

13. June 16, 2015 / 2:51 pm

I love hearing about your girls! We are girlfriends forever…I can't even. Aria loves her bandaids too. Best present ever in her book.

14. June 16, 2015 / 7:58 pm

Oh Waverly is just too cute! Congrats on the dance recital! Those are my girl mama dreams too…hopefully I can start Ellie in dance pretty soon!

15. June 17, 2015 / 12:34 am

Seriously SO CUTE!!! I can just imagine Waverly rocking the dance recital! She looks so cute in her outfit! And I just love how your husband just seems like such a natural girl dad. He deserves an extra manly Father's Day this weekend (which really I don't know what that means but I just thought it sounded good LOL – beer maybe? haha!)

16. June 17, 2015 / 2:10 am

Your girls are adorable! And love the girlfriends forever comment! That's the sweetest thing!

17. June 17, 2015 / 3:33 am

Waverly looked so cute!
    It looks like you're settling in nicely as a family of four. I'm so happy for you! Also? Seeing precious Avalon is giving me some serious baby fever!

18. June 17, 2015 / 1:44 pm

Oh the sleeping photos!! I want to snuggle her! Precious little babe! And I am DYING over Waverly's dance costume! I can't wait for the day that Mia is in a real dance class with a recital… my heart will probably explode, ha ha!
    You are the luckiest momma! Your little ladies are just PRECIOUS! I'm so happy that things are going so smoothly for you all!

19. June 17, 2015 / 4:23 pm

Girlfriends forever?? That is just the sweetest thing! 🙂

20. June 18, 2015 / 7:06 pm

Oh my lands, matching denim outfits and a dance recital? DYING. This makes me want more babies!