Father’s Day Weekend

Happy Monday, hope you all had a wonderful holiday with the special men in your life!  We survived yet another weekend as parents of two, but definitely more notably, the girls & I made it through our second week at home, just the three of us.  Last week was a little harder than the first, my husband had a job that kept him working overnight two days in a row (which would bother me even if I had no kids, because I’m still 12.)  So while most days I can count down the minutes until I have a couple more hands to help & am no longer outnumbered, 6pm came & went and I found myself giving Waverly a bath while breastfeeding Avalon, trying to figure out how somehow, my first adult beverage in ten months could make its way into that equation (which obviously, it didn’t, I don’t even think I found time to pee).  Kind of a circus.  Yet we all made it, alive, & pretty damn ecstatic when daddy finally walked in the door Friday afternoon. 🙂
And then the weekend.  It has been crazy hot here, like really hot, so we made plans to take the girls to the pool on both Saturday & Sunday, which really is ideal the situation for us right now.  Plus, it gave me the chance to put them in the swimsuits my mom got them a few months back. Avalon might not be old enough to swim yet (or even close), but I could have died at the sight of her in a newborn suit, matching her big sissy.
SwimsuitsAvalon’s Headband & Waverly’s Bow
And of course, we were so excited to celebrate daddy on Sunday!  Waverly & I had picked him out some new shoes last week and naturally, she told him all about them the next day, so although we had no surprises, we had a great day as a family.  We went out to brunch, just the four of us, & then went to the pool with my side of the family for the rest of the day.  After two days in the sun, Waverly was one happy, exhausted toddler & we finished off the weekend with an early bedtime plus an adults only (plus the sleeping baby) dinner. 🙂
Waverly’s Headband, Avalon’s Headband
The biggest shout-out to this guy, who deserves it all for how hard he works for our family!  He is as manly as they come, but rocks it as a girl dad & I just know that these two little ladies will be daddy’s little girls just like I still am today.  Life has just gotten a whole lot crazier, but there is no one else I would rather raise my babies with & I am so, so thankful for him.
Hope you all have a wonderful week!

1. June 22, 2015 / 5:33 pm

So glad you guys had a good weekend and Fathers Day! And kudos to you for making it through several days without hubby/Daddy. I know JUST how tough that is!!!

2. June 22, 2015 / 5:48 pm

Props to you mama for getting through last week. I'm a 12 year old too and as soon as my husband is gone on a work trip I think of all the crazy things that could happen at night. Your lil girls look precious, as always and I'm glad you were able to celebrate a fun father's day!

3. June 22, 2015 / 6:19 pm

Ahhhhh! They are SO cute together! I'm so happy for your sweet family, Ashley! Hope you girls are enjoying your summer together!
    xo

4. June 22, 2015 / 6:22 pm

Such a special weekend! Happy Fathers Day to the hubs! He rocks the girls! It takes a special man for that!! 😉 xoxo

5. June 22, 2015 / 6:59 pm

So glad you all had a happy weekend! And way to go surviving two littles all on your own. …I am dreading the day there is no one here to help me. yikes! But if you can do it, I'm sure I'll figure out a way to manage too 🙂

6. June 22, 2015 / 7:17 pm

Oh my goodness! Look at these sweet girls together! How do you even stand it?! 🙂 Makes me really want to have a girl the next go 'round so my Charlotte can have a baby sister!

7. June 22, 2015 / 8:44 pm

I've only had one night sans the husband, and I was proud of myself for just giving Liam a bath! You are rocking it! And Avalon is so sweet! Love her squishy pool face!

8. June 22, 2015 / 9:31 pm

These pictures are absolutely adorable!!! Love all of the sisterly love going on!
    Glad you all made it through the tough spots of last week–doing it alone (and being alone in the house) is no fun!

9. June 22, 2015 / 11:37 pm

Oh my gosh Avalon is so cute in that bathing suit!! Happy Father's Day to their daddy 🙂

10. June 23, 2015 / 6:59 am

Okay that little sleepy babe with her face propped up – I just about died. And the girls matching! Makes me jelly I'm not having another girl now! Too.Much.Cuteness! Hopefully you managed to find a beverage or two for yourself this weekend!

11. June 23, 2015 / 12:46 pm

Ha, love these pics! Glad you made it through the week solo, girl!!

12. June 23, 2015 / 1:58 pm

Confession: I'm terrified of those days/nights when I know I'll be conducting the parent train solo. I'll be coming to you for tips and tricks. 🙂
    So glad you were able to celebrate and have such a great weekend. Nothing beats pool time and exhausted littles! 🙂

13. June 23, 2015 / 1:59 pm

You are seriously super mom!! Eric works a ton so I will be on my own real soon after baby brother comes and I've been terrified of it! You're giving me hope that I will survive even though it will be total chaos 😉
    Still in love with the girls matching suits! CUTEST!!

14. June 23, 2015 / 7:20 pm

You are my hero to survive two days and two nights with two kids by yourself. AMAZING. You deserve all the adult beverages! And a pie! You are a rock star!

15. June 23, 2015 / 11:34 pm

Your family is the cutest! You are rockin' it as a mom of 2 sweet and precious girls! Xo, Stephanie

16. June 24, 2015 / 4:19 am

Sounds like the perfect weekend! And much needed after that week! You are a ROCKSTAR for surviving that long without your husband. I can barely survive one night LOL. You get mad props and totally deserve that adult beverage!

17. June 24, 2015 / 5:01 pm

She seems like such a sleepy little baby! I know, I know, I'm sure at 3AM you wish she was a sleepy baby! 😉 So glad you guys are settling in as a family of 4 so well. Be ready for rough patches, but it really is so fun and crazy.