Our Week & Friday Things

Happy Friday!!  It’s hard to believe that we one only have one week of April left, or that my maternity leave officially begins next Friday!  This year is flying by, I definitely can’t keep up!

It’s been a week full of sunshine for us, we have spent most of our afternoons outside soaking it all in!  We unfortunately found a warm weather staple that Waverly does not love, she has an overwhelming fear of the ice cream man & is not ashamed to show it.  If she even hears the music in a distance, she bolts to me, leaps in my arms, & will hide her face until I somehow convince her that he is gone.  Part of me loves that she is scared of the random stranger in the truck, while the other part is seriously sad that I can’t go get one of those red, white & blue bomb pops (you know the ones, right?!).

While we were outside the other afternoon, the ice cream man couldn’t be heard, thankfully, Waverly was running after our dog & fell.  She was pretty upset about it, & there was a small red mark, but she usually recovers pretty quickly so I figured this would be no different.  That was until thirty minutes later, when she had to call everyone in my phone to tell them that “she had broke her leg”.  My husband was lucky enough to get a ten minute voicemail about it, including a description of why she could no longer walk (right before she was running through the backyard pushing her babies in their stroller).  For the record, I have no idea where she gets her dramatics from. 😉

Warm weather fashions are my favorite, it is so much easier to pick out clothes when they don’t involve layers upon layers.  I’ve had my eye on so many pretty spring & summer dresses for both my girls lately, this one is currently on it’s way & I can’t wait!  And I was so excited that I was able to squeeze this one on Waverly for one more wear before we pass it on to baby sister (similar here).  I love, love white on little girls & I am obsessed with anything embroidered, so this piece is definitely one of my all-time favorites.

In food news, I am craving all things sweet right now, & basically only eating meals to get to the dessert.  I’m pretty sure I mentioned this cake last year around this time, it is seriously the most amazing thing ever & too perfect for this time of year!  Waverly helped me make it this time, it’s so easy (which is another reason I love it) so it’s definitely toddler-friendly! 🙂
The ingredients are angel food cake (I just buy one already made), sherbert, vanilla ice cream & cool whip.  Take chunks of the cake & put in a cake pan, then pour the melted ice cream & sherbert on top before putting it the freezer.  After about an hour, take it out & cover with the cool whip, then put it back in the freezer until it’s completely frozen.  Seriously, it’s so, so good!

My parents got Waverly a trampoline for Christmas & she has loved it ever since, but now that we can actually use it more, I’ve decided that it is the best thing has ever happened to us (besides the girls).  We don’t go a single day without using it, Waverly will jump for what feels like forever, & then some more.  Best toddler entertainment ever, & perfect for tiring them out for bedtime!

We are crossing our fingers that the weather stays warm the next couple of days, we have our family maternity pictures this weekend!  I hope to share some good ones soon!  Wishing you a very happy one!

1. April 24, 2015 / 12:18 pm

I giggled at Waverly's description of her red mark as breaking her leg. lol. So much cuteness!!

2. April 24, 2015 / 1:33 pm

Ok, so we NEED a trampoline bad. I need a safe way to wear Caleb out on the daily before bedtime that does not involve jumping (well, throwing himself) through the air between couches like a flying squirrel. The kid has no fear! Hoping the weather stays nice for your pictures!:)

3. April 24, 2015 / 1:36 pm

I cannot stop eating sweets either! we went out for dinner last night and my husband started to ask for the check and I immediately interrupted him and ordered a brownie sundae to go…sorry, not sorry!

4. April 24, 2015 / 1:55 pm

Horray for warm weather! And Lacey lane!!

And for broken legs. Lex's bff breaks hers multiple times a day and can't walk. And it's the cutest thing ever! So I can imagine waverly sitting there calling everyone! And it's adorable!

5. April 24, 2015 / 1:56 pm

Holy crap! Gimme that cake! I have a horrible sweet tooth with this pregnancy… my thighs and bum are proof, HA!
    Okay, you seriously need to post a video on IG of Waverly talking! She is such a crack up and I'm dying to hear her little voice!
    Maternity leave starts in a week?! Best news ever! So glad you'll get to soak up that time with Waverly BEFORE baby sister makes her arrival!

6. April 24, 2015 / 2:30 pm

I am loving this weather.. WE like to stay outside after work 🙂 I have such a sweet tooth!! I hope you are feeling well

7. April 24, 2015 / 2:37 pm

Trampolines are sooo fun! I love that dress that you got from Lacey Lane. The bow on the back is so precious!!

8. April 24, 2015 / 4:02 pm

I love white on little girls, too! We definitely need a trampoline– If only we had enough room. That would keep Capri busy forever. I love the pictures of Waverly on it! Have a great weekend!

9. April 24, 2015 / 5:33 pm

That cake looks delicious!! We need a trampoline… She's having so much fun! XO

10. April 24, 2015 / 7:52 pm

Trampolines are the best. I have *kind of* an irrational fear about them, but they really are so great for burning little kid energy.

Hooray for maternity leave starting so soon! That is exciting!!

11. April 24, 2015 / 8:38 pm

Ellie hasn't learned how to jump yet but loves running around on the trampoline at her gparents!! That cake looks so good and might have to make it onto this weekends menu, I am all about simple these days. I have no idea how my mom made gourmet meals almost every night with 3 kiddos at home for 18 years in a row!!! so crazy.

12. Anonymous
    April 24, 2015 / 9:35 pm

I'm straight up OBSESSED with lacey lane!!!! and now i need that cake.

13. April 25, 2015 / 7:12 am

We need a trampoline! I loved that dress too! Recently squeezed K in hers also and had to wear with some bottoms for coverage. 😛

14. April 25, 2015 / 2:52 pm

One week until maternity leave?! Time is flying!
    The ice cream cake – be still my pregnant-sweet-toothed-loving heart. That is definitely going to be made in this house in the very near future.
    Oh my, that little white dress on Waverly – adorable. I can't wait until items like that start filling up M2's closet!
    Have a great weekend!

15. April 25, 2015 / 11:42 pm

Eeeekkk! So excited for your maternity pictures! If they are anything like your other photos, they will be GORGEOUS no doubt!
    Also, maternity leave?! Already?! Girl you are so close! So excited for baby girl!

16. April 26, 2015 / 1:49 pm

Enjoy your last week of work and then maternity leave!!! Also, hat do you use to edit your photos? I had been using iPhoto on my Mac, which was so easily & intuitive and then it just got phased up when I updated my computer, grr! Now I'm freaking out and need assistance from my fellow bloggers! 😉

17. April 29, 2015 / 8:32 pm

I am so excited for the warmer weather, Waverly looks like she is in heaven on the trampoline! Oh my, that angel food cake looks delicious! Xo, Stephanie