Loving Lately

TGIF, friends!!  I really wanted to thank you for your encouragement on our first trip without Waverly this weekend & also, for relating on our crazy (yet oh so lovable!) toddlers.  Once again, this community is so supportive & I am so thankful!  We are excited to have some time apart from toddler tantrums, runny noses, & bibs, but even more excited to reunite with her belly laughs & impressive dance moves when we get back. 😉
In the meantime, I felt like one of these posts were due, there is so much out there to love right now!

1.  A new donut shop opened about five minutes from our house a few months ago, it has kind of changed our life. 😉  They are those kind of donuts that are hot when you get them & pretty much melt in your mouth, I don’t know if I have ever tasted anything better.  We go at least once a week, yet I do have to (unfortunately) admit that while I take a bite or two, I (sadly) go with the healthy breakfast sandwich option instead.  Way less exciting for sure, but way better for my waistline.  These two, however, take down about half a dozen on their own.  I can’t decide who likes them more.

Headband
2.  We still have some work to do before it is complete, but Waverly’s updated, big-girl room is coming together!  I ordered these curtains & am so anxious for them to get here, I know they will make a big difference.  I did end up ordering the black-out panel to put behind them, the ones she has now are like that so I definitely didn’t want to make any major, major changes. 😉

3.  Kind of like I have a shopping addiction, my husband feels the same way about fishing.  Even though Waverly is a girl, he is convinced they have many, many boat dates in their future (I’m sure she will be down).  We randomly took her down to our park for her first fishing adventure the other evening, she was so into it & of course, the first bite came when SHE was holding the pole.  It was too cute, she couldn’t stop staring at the fish & then when we went to throw it back in the water, she said “night, night fishy!”.
Fishing Pole
4.  Waverly’s eating habits are kind of random & unpredictable lately, some days she eats all day & others, I can’t force her to take a bite.  I decided to try out the lunch in muffin tins idea, she loves it!  We have pretty much been doing this every day for the last couple of weeks, she gets really upset if we use a normal plate!  I’m thinking of using some holiday versions in the upcoming months?!

And I have to share, after a rough few days, Waverly of course melted my heart once again.  I had put her to bed the other night, she layed down, (just like every other night) & was quiet for about twenty minutes.  All of a sudden she started calling for me, which occasionally happens but usually she quickly quiets down.  This time, “mommy” turned to “mommy, come sing to me”, & then “ASHLEY, please sing to me!”.  I mean, how could I resist?  So I held her & sang for about 15 minutes (best 15 minutes ever), then told her that we were all going to sleep so we could be ready for the next day.  She nodded & laid right down to go to sleep, which she did for the rest of the night.  I just couldn’t love her more.

HAPPIEST weekend, everyone!

1. August 22, 2014 / 12:35 pm

Heart melting!!!! I die everytime Cam asks for me (even though I think he's learned how to stall)! I think that black out curtains will be in Cameron's bedroom for the rest of his life! I would never dare to do anything different and mess with his sleep. 🙂 I can't wait to see her room once it's done!

Have a great weekend!! xo

2. August 22, 2014 / 12:53 pm

That is just about the sweetest story I've ever heard! How did our kids get so big, so fast?!? And I love the donut pic!!!! Have a great weekend, girl!

3. August 22, 2014 / 1:32 pm

Love those pictures of Waverly with her 1st fish! We haven't attempted to take Liam fishing yet, but I think he may be ready!

4. August 22, 2014 / 2:39 pm

I admire your self control girlfriend. I can't say no to much of anything ESPECIALLY a donut!!

5. August 22, 2014 / 4:51 pm

I've been craving a donut alllllll week and you've finally convinced me that I just. need. to. GO!
    Love the muffin idea! I need to try that for Mia!

6. August 22, 2014 / 5:19 pm

I love the pictures of her with the fish! My two big ones went fishing for the first time a few weeks ago, and they loved it! It's such a wonderful way to make memories (as long as I don't have to touch worms or fish!).

7. August 22, 2014 / 5:21 pm

She cracks me up. How funny that she calls you Ashley when she really wants you. I don't think I could resist either! And her little fishing trip looks like fun, hopefully she enjoys the many more that are to come 🙂

8. Anonymous
    August 22, 2014 / 5:44 pm

sweet babe and sweet moments! I love that she called you Ashley haha

9. August 22, 2014 / 7:11 pm

so sweet. Kids know when we're at our wits end so they do something super cute to rest the wits end meter…:)

10. August 22, 2014 / 8:00 pm

such precious photos! and i really need to try this muffin tin thing…Elyse is a fairly decent eater, but I'm always up for new way to broaden her palate!

11. August 22, 2014 / 9:43 pm

Oh my goodness! "mommy…ASHLEY come sing to me". How cute! And how smart is she. Even though you refer to yourself as mommy, she must hear your husband call you Ashley and she caught on. Smart cookie!
    Wavlery's lunch looks just like Mason's! Edamame, cheese, and turkey. The way to his heart 🙂

12. August 23, 2014 / 1:09 am

OH goodness Ashley!!?? I love it and those donuts! I need a good shop near our new place!!

13. August 25, 2014 / 12:35 am

How could you refuse such a sweet request!! An awesome donut shop 5 mins away? bad bad news!! delicious and bad!

14. August 25, 2014 / 6:32 pm

I'm not sure if Avery realizes I have a name other then "mommy", so that's hilarious that Waverly called you Ashley! Love that he insists on taking her fishing, girls can do fun stuff like that with their daddy just as much as boys can 🙂

15. August 25, 2014 / 7:59 pm

Love the daddy-daughter donut and fishy photos – Waverly must've been stoked to catch a fish! And love those curtains – I need to check that site out!