Five on Friday

Happy May & Happy Friday!!  Hope some sunshine is starting to head your way & ours too, it literally started raining here on Monday & we are still waiting for it to stop.  We made the best of it though, by rocking our rain boots & playing in the puddles.  Waverly became obsessed with putting leaves in her belly button, a memorable moment for sure & no doubt, our neighbors are really starting to think we have lost our minds.
 Time for our weekly FIVE, thanks to Darci & the ladies for hosting!
ONE:  I obviously love Waverly Maye in a headband & lately, she is even is more all about them than I am.  If it falls off, she says “uh-oh” & motions to me to put it back on (or to her daddy, which is even better, I still love that manly-man wrapping headbands around his daughter’s head).
I picked up a bunch of headbands from my talented friend Jess of Sadie Sky Boutique to add to Waverly’s Easter basket.  Since then, she has been rocking them pretty much daily & we are obsessed!!  This floral wrap one may just be our fave, the print is perfect for spring (& so is ice cream). πŸ™‚

TWO:  I ordered a pair of Converse this week, I used to be strictly a heels kind of lady but being a mom changes everything. πŸ˜‰  I’m all about flats these days for all that running after Waverly I do, & I’m not going to lie, I’m really excited to embrace my sporty side once these babies come in.

THREE:  Is anyone else as obsessed with gift wrap as I am?!  I almost love wrapping a present in pretty packaging as much as I love picking it out.  I’m going to a bridal shower this weekend & picked up one of the Spritz bags from Target to put it in, best line ever!

FOUR:  We had family pictures last weekend because we already didn’t have enough of us, right?! πŸ˜‰  Waverly is growing so fast & I couldn’t resist a few for spring, she wore this dress & I couldn’t have loved it more.  Floral print is always a favorite of mine & the color was just perfect for this time of year.  Can’t wait to share soon!

FIVE:  I have been loving popcorn lately for a low-cal, easy snack in the afternoons.  So with Cinco De Mayo coming up on Monday, we decided to get festive a little early with a batch of Chili Lime Popcorn (click link for recipe).  I am so excited to pair this with a margarita on Monday, what better way to kick off the week?!

And I have to share, this week Waverly either let me know that she is very ready for potty training or the exact opposite.  I haven’t decided which.  She handed me a diaper while repeating “diapa”, something she has been doing for a while now.  Yet when I tried to put it on, she said “no, mama” & wanted to do it herself.  So there she was, desperately trying to put her own diaper on while laying flat on the floor.  Something I’m sure I couldn’t even do on my own while laying down (& that I really, really hope I never have to).  She got really fancy & added a wipe (while repeating “cold”), & when she really gave up on successfully getting the diaper on, resorted to putting one on her baby.  We must have put ten diapers on that baby doll.  I must admit she was damn good at it & even so polite that if she made a mistake, she told the baby “I sorry”. πŸ™‚  Oh, how I love her & this age so very much.

Happy, happy weekend to you all!
XOXO

ο»Ώ
Share:

1. May 2, 2014 / 12:58 pm

I'm sure watching your husband out headbands on Waverly is the sexiest thing ever! Also, yay for flats! I. Ever used to wear them but recently splurged on an Italian leather pair, and I am obsessed!

2. May 2, 2014 / 1:24 pm

i can't wait to see your family pictures!! it reminds me that we need some updated ones too!! happy happy friday!!

3. May 2, 2014 / 1:26 pm

Ah #1!!! SO cute!!

Chili lime popcorn?! Get in my bellah.

4. May 2, 2014 / 1:32 pm

Seriously this age IS the best!! Totally agree! So precious about the baby and diapers. Also love the ice cream cone pictures!!!! Adorbs!! Love love love popcorn. I need a Pinterest board dedicated to popcorn. Thanks for sharing the chili lime flavor! Definitely must try. Have a fabulous weekend!

5. May 2, 2014 / 1:46 pm

I just love that little Waverly – she is oh, so cute! And that little headband on her? I die. She can sure rock a floral. I'm sure your family pictures were gorgeous! Happy weekend, sweet girl!:)

6. May 2, 2014 / 2:53 pm

Love this age! So cute, love the headband obsession too. I think I might have to get some for my daughter. Can't wait to see the family pictures. Have a great weekend!

7. May 2, 2014 / 3:06 pm

hahaha so sweet! Mya is pretty obsessed with her belly button also, although she has yet to try to put anything in it πŸ˜‰

8. May 2, 2014 / 3:33 pm

Ohmygoodness….I can't get over these pics! She looks amazing in the floral & striped headband! I just may have to steal a few of these photos to use in the shop listing! Hope you guys have an amazing weekend!
    xoxo

9. May 2, 2014 / 4:47 pm

How funny that she wanted to put her own diaper on [and on her baby doll]. It cracks me up! And you can never have too many pictures. I can't wait to see them; I'm sure they are beautiful!

10. May 2, 2014 / 5:40 pm

'I sorry' oh that is just way too cute! And, way too funny that she tried to put one on herself. Aria can do a mean tab ripping, but beyond that she hasn't tried. Kids!

11. Anonymous
    May 2, 2014 / 5:41 pm

That headband is my FAV & so are converse's! I was just telling my husband we needed family pictures now that the weather is warming up. BOO on rain, hope you get some sunshine soon πŸ™‚

12. May 2, 2014 / 6:03 pm

I love that she loves her headbands so much! Mia rips them off and runs away from me as quickly as she can! *sigh*
    Yay for more family pictures!! We are having a family video done at the end of this month and I CAN'T WAIT (cheesy, I know. But I'll LOVE it!)
    That popcorn… YUM! Making it tonight!

13. May 2, 2014 / 6:21 pm

Adorable pictures of Waverly! The first one of her eating ice cream is too cute! Happy Weekend!!

mydearveronica.blogspot.com

14. May 2, 2014 / 6:58 pm

Awe! Such cute photo's of Waverly (as always)! I love the dress you wore on her for your family photos! We are having some photo's taken in a few weeks and I am at a complete loss on what to wear! I find this the hardest part!!!

15. May 2, 2014 / 7:34 pm

We've been on a popcorn kick over here too! Myles loves watching it cook in the microwave and then yells "poppy" nonstop for the next 15 minutes before we devour it all. This morning when he woke up he even requested it… popcorn for breakfast.. why not!?!?

16. May 2, 2014 / 7:49 pm

Oh my, she's soooo cute!!! I never wore flats before baby, and now they are my bff! haha I have so many heels and no place to wear them now days. I'm sure you will rock those converse! Xoxo

17. May 2, 2014 / 9:03 pm

Love those ice cream photos – so adorable!!
    have a lovely weekend πŸ™‚

18. May 2, 2014 / 9:56 pm

Oh my word! The diaper incident is just tooooo precious! Sounds like she could be getting close to potty training! I wish I could fit Converse well, but I've basically lived in my Toms since becoming a mom. Total comfy mom-shoes! And Waverly's Zara dress is beautiful!

xx Viv at JoieDeViv

19. May 3, 2014 / 12:32 am

I dream of potty training and dread it all at the same time. My LO has NO interest whatsoever, so good for Waverly for taking initiative!

20. May 3, 2014 / 2:02 am

Cute as always! And I've been loving lime popcorn lately too!

21. May 3, 2014 / 1:50 pm

Your little girl is so precious!!! That head band is so sweet- it's when I see pictures like this that make me wish I had a little girl. πŸ™‚ Also- that popcorn sounds like the perfect snack! I'll have to try that this week!

I found you through the link up! I hope you have a great weekend!

22. May 3, 2014 / 8:46 pm

Oh my goodness. How cute is she? Putting a diaper on her baby and when she makes a mistake then apologizing. I die. Too adorable. Can't wait to see your family photos! Happy weekend! xo

23. May 4, 2014 / 3:09 am

Love these pictures! As always! Can't wait to see the family ones! I'm searching for someone to do maternity/family pictures of us soon!

24. May 5, 2014 / 12:09 am

The headbands – SO cute!
    That popcorn looks so good. I'm tucking that into the "need to make" files!

25. Anonymous
    May 5, 2014 / 1:10 am

Loving the faces, such a cutie! Toddler faces are my favorite.

xo

26. May 5, 2014 / 6:51 pm

I love all of them :(!!!

27. May 13, 2014 / 4:02 pm

I love that first picture and her little belly! She’s so cute! Those headbands are the best! Especially on sweet Miss Waverly!