Easter Egg Hunt & Brunch

Happy Easter weekend!!  It truly has been the sweetest week at home with Waverly Maye, I have loved being with her all day so very much & wish it hadn’t gone by so fast.  So glad to have a weekend of celebrating to look forward to, I plan to take full advantage of these next couple of days. Something tells me Monday will hurt a little more than usual after a week-long vacation. 😉

Last weekend, we hosted an Easter Egg Hunt & Brunch for a few of our friends.  It’s so funny to think how life has changed for all of us, our celebrations used to start at 10 (am) & last until the early hours of the morning & now, we plan around when the kids need to nap.  Everything might not run as smoothly (you know, a few meltdowns & blowouts here & there), but at the end of the morning, seeing all these little ones interact is just the sweetest thing.

I emptied out Waverly’s Easter basket so that she could use it for the hunt & of course, brought out her bunny shirt to make sure we were in theme.

I loved decorating our table & bar cart with the pretty pastels of the season, spring sights just make me so very happy!!  It’s hard not to go completely crazy & cover the house in a whole bunch of floral festiveness, yet I settled on just our downstairs.  I know my husband appreciated that, for some reason he doesn’t love pink & purple as much as I do.

Beverage Dispenser, Ice Bucket & Cake Stand
 We made an egg & cheese casserole & ham biscuits for the brunch, both were perfect for a big crowd plus we were able to make them the night before.  For the kids, I used our egg crate for some seasonal fruit & treat cups from Target for mini-waffles.
Waverly woke up that morning with a cold, she didn’t have a fever but I felt so bad for her since after our Easter bunny fail, I was thinking this would be totally her thing.  Even though she wasn’t 100% her silly self, she loved being around the other kids & especially eating the treats I hid in the eggs.  I consider that a success, & also her warm-up for one more little hunt over the weekend.

Headband & Leggings
 We wish you all the happiest Easter weekend, enjoy every minute!!
XOXO

Share:

1. April 18, 2014 / 12:00 pm

What a sweet get together! I wish I knew more babes to have over for holiday fun and playdates. Good thing Aria's godparents like coming over anyway.

2. April 18, 2014 / 12:49 pm

Darling party!! I love that you filled the eggs with grapes. Genius idea!
    I hope Waverly is feeling better and that you have a blast this weekend!! Yay for finally being Easter weekend 🙂

3. April 18, 2014 / 1:19 pm

Easter egg hunts and brunch are the best! Love your hair too btw!

4. April 18, 2014 / 2:48 pm

So cute! Love her bunny shirt and your Target party decor!

5. April 18, 2014 / 2:49 pm

Love all your fresh tulips! Looks like an awesome brunch… Wish we could have been there!

6. April 18, 2014 / 3:08 pm

Your table looks beautiful! And Waverly's bunny shirt is too cute! Happy Easter!!

7. April 18, 2014 / 3:29 pm

It all looks so perfect! Hope you guys have a very Happy Easter weekend!

8. April 18, 2014 / 7:01 pm

You always have the perfect curls in your hair! So petty! Love your brunch decor, so festive and fun! Waverly looks as sweet as ever 🙂 xo

Tawnya

9. April 18, 2014 / 8:57 pm

Love all your spring touches! And the egg snack idea- I'm all over that!!

10. April 19, 2014 / 1:21 am

Love love your outfit! And Waverly's of course! I picked up that ice bucket for our bar car too. TG it's plastic! How do you keep Waverly out of the bar cart stuff? Good luck on Monday and enjoy this Easter Weekend!

xx Viv at JoieDeViv

• April 21, 2014 / 6:22 pm

Haha, it's not always easy! I only keep the plastic stuff on the bottom, everything else is for the top. 😉 Love that bar cart! Hope you had a lovely Easter! XO

11. April 19, 2014 / 1:46 am

Your get together looked like so much fun – everything looked perfect as usual:) Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend, and a very happy Easter!:)

12. April 19, 2014 / 6:47 am

She has got to be the most stylish baby girl ever. I love love the pictures of Waverly, and your table decor is stunning!

13. April 19, 2014 / 2:37 pm

Love the table decor, tulips are my fav!!! How bad is it that I didn't even decorate for Easter this year? I'm finding it so hard to find the time to do anything..Hope you and your family have a great Easter!!

14. April 19, 2014 / 2:48 pm

Beautiful table and decorations!!! Love love love! Waverly is too cute as always! I hope she feels better – have a wonderful Easter!
    loveandlifesimplified.blogspot.com

15. April 19, 2014 / 7:10 pm

Oh wow! Your pictures are fantastic. I love all of the decorations – great job lady! I hope Waverly is feeling better and that you guys have an amazing Easter weekend. Enjoy it!

16. April 19, 2014 / 9:52 pm

What a fun get together! Love the way you decorated for the kids too… genius to put fruit in the little plastic eggs! Happy Easter! xoxo

17. April 21, 2014 / 3:04 pm

What a perfect get together! LOVE the fruit in the eggs – GENIUS!

18. April 21, 2014 / 4:30 pm

Aw! It looks like such a lovely day! I'm so glad you had a good Easter!

19. April 21, 2014 / 5:08 pm

I served Brooklyn's fruit inside Easter eggs yesterday too! She loved opening the eggs after the egg hunt, so I thought she'd love opening them & finding fruit and she sure did!!

How old is your daughter? She looks like the same as my daughter, 18 months on Friday.

Thanks! 🙂

Freshly Picked Mocassin Giveaway on Friday, April 25!

• April 21, 2014 / 6:21 pm

Love that, isn't it so fun?! Waverly is 20 months. 🙂 Thanks so much for stopping by!!!!

20. April 21, 2014 / 8:37 pm

I love all of the decor, so so perfect!