Five on Friday

HAPPIEST Valentines Day!!  We hope everyone has had the best week & that you are feeling lots of love on this special day.  Despite freezing weather for what now feels like weeks upon weeks, our hearts are warm.  I can’t wait to celebrate Valentines Day with my two Valentines!!

Waverly Maye & I are honored to be joining in with other bloggers today as a part of “Team Teddy”.  I’m sure that you have heard his amazing story, but for those who haven’t or want to read more, you can find it hereSuper Teddy is definitely a superhero, & the strength of his parents during such a hard time has truly inspired me.  While I wish I could do more, the best support I can offer is by spreading the word.  I encourage you to do the same; join with us on your blog, Instagram or Facebook with “Team Teddy” signs.  Help Teddy’s mom in her journey to bring awareness to Menkes so that we can find a cure!!

When Natasha from Hello Happiness posted about making this our #1 today, I was so excited to be a part of it.  I honestly attempted to share my other 4, but after writing about Teddy, I couldn’t find a way to make any of them sound important.  So instead, I decided to skip my others this week & give all my love to Teddy!  I look forward to sharing again next Friday, I’m sure I will have more than enough to write about by then. 😉
Of course, I have sweet little plans with both of my Valentines today!!  The good news, we have dinner for three tonight.  Nothing too crazy, these days it’s way more fun for wild Waverly to stay home for dinner rather than be constricted to a high chair.  The not so good news, I have school tomorrow & if you forgot, tomorrow is a Saturday.  Oh yes, after weeks of declaring how excited I was that Valentines Day falls on a Friday this year, my school system decided to plan our first snow make-up day for the Saturday after Valentines Day.

And this is how we feel about that … both of us, I’ve been pouting ever since, too.

Hugs & kisses from us to you!!!!  We hope you have the best weekend & the sweetest holiday!
XOXO

Share:

1. February 14, 2014 / 12:24 pm

I'm so excited to see all of these Team Teddy pictures! How lame to have to go to school on a Saturday! Did you lose Presidents' Day too?

2. February 14, 2014 / 12:53 pm

Ok, school on Saturday? Not. Cool. On a happy note, I think this outfit is my new favorite on Waverly…seriously SO cute! I'm so behind on reading blogs that I didn't know about the team Teddy movement until literally almost midnight last night! My post was already done and I went to bed feeling like the biggest turd on the planet so we'll be doing something in the coming days to help make up for it 😉

3. February 14, 2014 / 1:48 pm

I felt the same way. I just shared Super Teddy.

4. February 14, 2014 / 1:49 pm

Oh my word, your sweet Waverly Maye's pants are too cute!!! love them!

5. February 14, 2014 / 2:01 pm

Happy Valentine's Day! Love her outfit!

6. February 14, 2014 / 3:17 pm

Oh my gosh, you have to go to school tomorrow?? BUMMER! How many snow days have you had?

PS SHe is so stinkin cute!! Happy Valentine's Day!!

7. February 14, 2014 / 3:21 pm

whhhhhat. school on a saturday is totally and completely not fair. buuuut that babe of yours is the CUTEST EVER. i'm obsessed!!

8. February 14, 2014 / 4:09 pm

I felt the same way! So… I did the same (with a slight twist). And as always, little W looks adorbs! 🙂

9. February 14, 2014 / 5:09 pm

I have never heard of a school making up a snowday on a Saturday – that sounds crazy!! Little Waverly…oh what a sweetheart! That picture is too cute!!

10. February 14, 2014 / 7:01 pm

Found your blog through the linkup and I am so excited to follow you on GFC!! Hope your day is filled with lots of love, sweets, and smooches! Xx.

11. February 14, 2014 / 7:58 pm

love her little outfit…and seriously, who goes to school on Saturday?!?

12. February 14, 2014 / 8:55 pm

I'm a little bummed we didn't participate, but glad this family is receiving so much love and support. #teamteddy

School on Saturday? Boo!

nessaswrld.blogspot.com

13. February 14, 2014 / 9:00 pm

I had no idea that schools could do makeup days on Saturdays! Ours were always tacked on to the end of the semester. Interesting.

Love Waverly's face in that last photo – so cute and sassy!

14. February 14, 2014 / 10:21 pm

that is so crazy that they are having a makeup day on Saturday!! We have Saturday School where I work but that is for kids who have an absurd amount of tardies or absences!!

15. February 15, 2014 / 12:56 am

Makeup day on a Saturday?! Pass! Hope you have a great weekend!

16. February 15, 2014 / 1:30 am

Yay for Team Teddy! I've been so happy to see all the support this movement has been getting around blogland today, although the story just breaks my heart into a million pieces.

And boo for school on a Saturday. Hoping the day goes by quickly for you, sweet girl! Happy Valentine's Day!:)

17. February 15, 2014 / 1:44 am

Love how we can all come together as bloggers, mothers & friends to support this sweet family & this precious boy. #TeamTeddy

School on Saturday?! 🙁 Major dislike! Hope it goes so very fast!

Happy Valentine's to you, sweet Waverly & your hubby!

18. February 15, 2014 / 4:34 am

Happy Valentine's Day! I follow Teddy on Instagram and I can't believe how smiley that kid is. He's too cute! What a strong mama he must have.

19. February 15, 2014 / 1:56 pm

First of all, I LOVE your daughter's name! And she is so stinkin' cute! Second, I love that you devoted your whole 5 on Friday to Teddy. What a sweet idea! Boo on having to work today, though. I hope the day goes quickly for you!

20. February 15, 2014 / 2:17 pm

It's official – y'all are the cutest mom / daughter duo around!!!!!!!!! Hope y'all had a great Valentine's Day! And thank you, thank you, thank you for joining in our #TeamTeddy day!! 🙂

And BOO to school today …. that's just wrong! Hope it goes by fast!

-Darci

21. February 15, 2014 / 3:11 pm

That expression just melts my heart! I'm so jealous she will look at the camera – mine runs. Love her outfit. I hope you guys had a great Valentine's Day!

loveandlifesimplified.blogspot.com

22. February 15, 2014 / 3:52 pm

Oh goodness…Waverly and the kissy face!!!!??? Framer for sure! xx

23. February 15, 2014 / 11:43 pm

Waverly captures it perfectly! That is so the face I have been making for the past 8 Saturdays that I have had to work. Hope your day went by SUPER fast and you get to be home with your sweet family for the rest of the weekend! xo

24. February 16, 2014 / 1:34 pm

New follower — She is so precious. Love her style!

25. February 17, 2014 / 3:41 am

That last pic is killer in the cuteness department. Total fail in the scheduling department though – did somebody not look at a calendar with holidays marked when they planned that one?