Five on Friday

Happy ONE WEEK until Valentines Day!  We couldn’t be more ready to celebrate this year, & the fact that it falls on a Friday … well that’s just the icing on top of the pink frosted cake. πŸ™‚

Here are my FIVE, they are extra-sweet this week!

1.  Heart-Shapes.  Are you sick of hearing me say the word hearts yet?!  We LOVE them, can’t get enough & have to confess that if Waverly Maye has a little brother one day, he will be rocking some hearts, too. πŸ™‚

Heart Dress (Old Navy; In-Store)

Waverly’s heart dress is definitely a keeper, but this gold headband is one of my favorite ones she has ever worn.  And she has worn a lot of headbands.  Thank you to Willow Crowns for this lovely gem, we are planning to get lots of use out of it all year!

2.  Flowers.  Just in time for Valentines Day, my husband has put his bad-ass talent to use again!  He actually made me a different version of these metal flowers before, but then we decided to sell them to make extra money for a down payment on our house.  I am SO very excited to have them back & love them so much, almost as much as I love him for making them for me!
The best part, these flowers never die & you don’t have to water them.  Win, win!
3.  Target Valetines Decor.  The rest of my Valentines decor can be found at the end-cap of the seasonal decor aisle at Target.  Seriously, I don’t know how they do it … but they just keep getting better & better!  Recently, I picked up several garlands, the cutest little felt fox you ever did see, & my favorite, these LOVE letters (found in-store).
I really have decided that I never want to take all this girly decor down, it is making me feel like I’m in college again (just with a better place to live this time!).
4.  DIY Valentines Crayons.  I really don’t attempt a Pinterest project unless it seems like the average person can handle it, this one fit the criteria & I will totally do it again.  Waverly has been using her crayons all week (well, for a couple of minutes each day).  They really are the cutest & so perfect for this time of year!!
5.  Valentines Goodies.  You know it’s not an official holiday without some festive little goodies for my favorite lady!  I really try not to go overboard & to get things she will actually use.  This year, her basket will be filled with some bubbles, necklaces a Valentines board book & a new puzzle.  ALL of which are some of her favorite things to do right now & all of which warm my mama heart.
We wish all of you the very best weekend with those you love!  Thanks again to Darci, April & the ladies of this lovely link-up. πŸ™‚
XOXO
ο»Ώ
Share:

1. February 7, 2014 / 12:56 pm

Those flowers are amazing!! I hate cut roses because they die…these are perfect! I smell an etsy shop… πŸ™‚

2. February 7, 2014 / 12:58 pm

Target has somehow managed to get it right every single year. I don't know how they do it! All my decor is from there! I picked up blocks from their dollar spot last year that say "hugs" and "xoxo". Too cute!

I'm loving Waverly's heart dress, I saw it recently at Old Navy and almost picked it up, but like you we have plenty of hearts in her wardrobe right now so I held back. She looks adorable in it!!

3. February 7, 2014 / 1:12 pm

Wow your husband is talented! Those flowers are amazing! I too love target! They have such great stuff!

4. February 7, 2014 / 1:13 pm

What a fun list!! HOW does Target do it? Seriously…whenever I need "something," they have it (and even better than I imagined)!!! Haha

Waverly is just too cute in those leggings, dress and boots! Can you please send her pic in to be a baby model? She's just too cute!

Happy Friday!!

5. February 7, 2014 / 1:17 pm

Your husband is so talented!! I agree, Target is killing it lately and Waverly is rocking the heck out of that headband, so glad ya'll love it!

6. February 7, 2014 / 1:22 pm

Your little one is definitely ready for valentines day!

7. February 7, 2014 / 1:39 pm

Waverly Maye's hair is getting so long! Love those roses! Your hubby did a great job!

8. February 7, 2014 / 2:00 pm

love her little heart dress!!! She makes it very cute!!
    Katie
    godslittlegrace.blogspot.com

9. February 7, 2014 / 2:09 pm

Those roses are beautiful!! I totally agree with you about Target too – they have the cutest things! Happy Friday!!

10. February 7, 2014 / 2:33 pm

Happy Friday! Waverly's dress and headband is so cute! and wow…those flowers!!

11. February 7, 2014 / 2:37 pm

Oh my gosh, those flowers are amaaaazing! What talent!

12. February 7, 2014 / 3:06 pm

Those flowers are gorgeous, he is SO talented!! Have a great weekend, friend πŸ™‚

13. February 7, 2014 / 3:28 pm

I love all of Target's holiday decorations! I love going all out for the holidays, so it's bad. I end up spending so much money on decorations. Happy Friday!

Ashley, Married to the Game

14. February 7, 2014 / 3:48 pm

I love her gold leggings, where are those from? I have a 5 yr old, so wondering if they sell them in bigger sizes! LOVE those roses, wow your husband is one talented man!

15. February 7, 2014 / 4:33 pm

Wow, the metal flowers. No wonder he sold them they are indeed incredible!!!

16. February 7, 2014 / 5:24 pm

I love all the Valentines Decor for our homes too. I haven't gotten any new stuff this year but I am really wanting another heart garland to go on our mantle or mirror…..

you can find me blogging about "Life on the Parsons Farm" : atparsons.blogspot.com

17. February 7, 2014 / 5:50 pm

She is just so darling! I don't know how Tarjey does it either but you just can't beat their stuff anywhere!

18. February 7, 2014 / 6:14 pm

How adorable! I love the way you mix prints when you dress her up πŸ™‚
    tinyrunway.blogspot.com

19. February 7, 2014 / 6:53 pm

So sweet. If you added a hint of green to her outfit, I would buy everything! Those are the colors of Notre Dame and we are die hard fighting Irish fans. πŸ™‚ I am thinking of getting creative this weekend and getting my little one all dressed up for some last minute DIY Valentine's Day cards. My goal this year was to send more snail mail and I think it would be neat to send our friends a little surprise in the mail. Have a great weekend!
    Linh

20. February 7, 2014 / 7:18 pm

love, love, LOVE her heart dress! And it is SO fun having little girls for Valentines Day! We got Mia Monsters Inc movie (she got tons of Monsters Inc toys/books for Christmas, so we thought she'd love the dvd. She doesn't really watch tv/movies, so she probably won't get to watch it for a long time, but she LOVES to carry around dvd cases ha ha!) and a couple of love/Valentine books. Bubbles is a GREAT idea!

21. February 7, 2014 / 7:28 pm

Love Waverly in her gold leggings! Those roses are so cool! I cannot even imagine how your husband makes those! Share the heart crayon tutorial!

22. February 7, 2014 / 7:38 pm

I've been hearing all this talk about Target killing it with the valentine dΓ©cor this year and I'm thinking it's a good thing I've been avoiding that place like the plague! I'd be broke!!

23. February 7, 2014 / 7:56 pm

I'm dying over those flowers! What a lucky girl for having such a talented husband! I actually have a magnet version I found at a street market years ago and wish I would have gotten more!

24. February 7, 2014 / 8:05 pm

Love! β™‘β™₯ She it's such a doll, love her gold liquid leggings!

25. February 7, 2014 / 9:39 pm

such cute ideas! and those gold leggings–I'm dying! what a cutie!

26. February 8, 2014 / 2:07 am

I LOVE anything Target but especially their holiday decor! So affordable and so perfect!

27. February 8, 2014 / 3:52 am

Target! I always love their decor. And your babe is looking DARLING!!! AND I'm very much envying those earrings!

28. February 8, 2014 / 4:01 am

I need to make those crayons! I love her headband (and entire outfit), I wish Avery would keep headbands on her head! We were changing her the other day and found a headband under her shirt, like a bra. So I guess I should say, I wish she would wear them on her head!

29. February 9, 2014 / 6:12 pm

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad you found my blog, because I'm ADORING yours! Your sweet little Waverly is beyond precious- so excited to be your newest follower πŸ™‚

30. February 9, 2014 / 7:20 pm

So stinking cute! And those flowers rock!! And seriously… Why does Target have to do this to us?! hahaha!

31. February 10, 2014 / 2:33 am

Waverly is the cutest! I adore anything and everything with hearts! I've had my eye on a white pillow with a big gold heart on it for a while now. I keep trying to convince myself I could make it, but I would first learn how to sew lol. Flowers that don't require to be watered are my kind of flowers. : )
    Stacy

32. February 10, 2014 / 4:54 am

Thank you so much for coming over to my blog and following me. I'm glad I checked out your blog too… definitely following now. You have great taste and your family is just beautiful! I'm excited to get some fashion/design inspiration πŸ™‚

Autumn
    theausamlife.blogspot.com

33. February 11, 2014 / 9:05 pm

She is so stinking cute and that headband is PERFECT!