Five on Friday

Happy Friday!  We have had one of the BEST weeks ever, the first snow of the year & two days off school because of it!  I obviously loved being home with Waverly Maye all day long & now can be even more jealous of all you SAHMs. 😉
Here is what else I am LOVING this week!
1.  Jean Jackets.  I always love a jean jacket, anytime of the year & for most occasions.  They are so versatile, classic & are good for both grown-up girls & our little ones, too.
My Jacket & Waverly’s Jacket (Similar)
Waverly & I did a guest post at Nessa’s World this week (go over & check out her blog!), we talked all about our momma & mini must-haves and I would definitely classify a jean jacket at the top of that list.  For both of us, even sometimes at the exact same time. 😉
2.  Valentines Garland.  New holiday, new garland.  I am officially calling it Valentines season at our house, we are knee-deep in pink, red & hearts & I adore it!!  I am excited to share some fun details soon, but for now, this Valentines garland is too fun not to include on this list!
And even better, it is currently on sale online!  I just may buy one for every room in the house.
3.  Heart Brownies.  With lots of extra quality time together & Valentines Day on the brain this week, it was the perfect opportunity to make heart brownies!  I am loving the fact that Waverly is now at the age that she can help me with these sorts of things.  (I say help, it was obviously more of a huge mess, but so memorable & yes, very worth it.)
4.  Simply Sophisticated.  My friend, Kelly has opened up the cutest online boutique & I am so happy for her!  I got this gold bracelet from there & can see lots of outfits with it in the future!  My obsession with gold continues so it is just perfect, & for what it’s worth … my mini-fashionista totally approves, she said “oooooh” as soon as I put it on!
5.  Other than all of the extra time with Waverly, a special highlight of this week has been so much positive feedback for our “It’s the Little Things” project that officially kicks off next Wednesday, January 29th.  Jess & I are beyond grateful for all of the support & would LOVE for everyone to join in!  See this post for more details. 🙂
Thank you to Darci, Liz & the rest of the hosts of this link-up.  Happy weekend to all of you, sending (thoughts of?) warm weather your way!!
Share:

1. January 24, 2014 / 12:59 pm

Love the matching jean jackets!!! Ella and I like to do the very same! 🙂 I have been c-r-a-v-i-n-g brownies all week! Those look delish! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

2. January 24, 2014 / 1:03 pm

I loved this Five on Friday post! So gorgeous. Mmm your brownies look delicious! Looking forward to It's the Little Things getting started on Wednesday, it's such a great sentiment and I know I'll be hash tagging the heck out of it!!!! Have a lovely weekend xx

3. January 24, 2014 / 1:04 pm

I love the jean jackets!! I have a guess one I got a couple years ago and I wear it constantly. It's a staple in my wardrobe!

4. January 24, 2014 / 1:59 pm

Sadie wears her jean jacket all the time and I just recently pulled mine out of the closet to wear too! You look gorgeous in those pics, by the way!
    Love your brownies and v-day festive-ness! Sadie and I are making some treats next week & I can't wait!

5. January 24, 2014 / 1:59 pm

Love your striped dress! Happy Friday!

6. January 24, 2014 / 2:02 pm

1. you have fantastic hair. 2. where is that dress from? 3. stopping by from the linkup and a definite new reader. i just love finding new blogs i love!

7. January 24, 2014 / 2:16 pm

great post! you look lovely and those brownies look delicious!

8. January 24, 2014 / 2:32 pm

My jean jacket is my favorite wardrobe piece! No joke- I wear it way too much!! And I love that garland- totes over our mantle 🙂 happy Friday!!

9. January 24, 2014 / 2:33 pm

Y'all matching is too stinkin cute. Cannot wait to match my mini one day. Love the banner too!!!! 🙂 🙂 Thanks for sharing, lovely! xx

10. January 24, 2014 / 3:14 pm

Love the bracelet!! So pretty!
    Katie
    godslittlegrace.blogspot.com

11. January 24, 2014 / 3:20 pm

I love jean jacket too! I wore one on Tuesday with a floral print dress, tights and boots but forgot to check the weather and realized it was like 20 degrees in Alabama so I froze. 🙁 Jean jacket lesson learned. 🙂 LOL. Have a good weekend!

12. Anonymous
    January 24, 2014 / 3:56 pm

Visiting from the linkup!! I love that bracelet from your friend's shop! And I totally bought Valentine's brownie mix yesterday (also during my "snow day" off from school!). Your dress looks so stylish and comfortable, and your little one is adorable! Thanks for sharing!!

13. January 24, 2014 / 4:20 pm

Swooning over that bracelet! You and Waverly always looks so darling! Happy a fabulous weekend!

14. January 24, 2014 / 4:29 pm

Will you come decorate my house for valentine's day and update my wardrobe? All adorable!

And I totally know what you mean about kids "helping" to bake and the likes now. R helped me over Christmas. Definitely messier, but definitely more fun as well!

15. January 24, 2014 / 6:34 pm

I love your striped dress, I have a b/w striped skirt like that… even cuter with the jean jacket!

16. January 24, 2014 / 6:44 pm

Fabulous post girly, my mouth is watering over those brownies! Do you deliver? ;o) And, you and Miss Waverly look adorable as usual in your jackets! Happy Friday! Enjoy your weekend!

17. January 24, 2014 / 6:59 pm

So glad you've gotten some extra days with sweet Waverly this week! Gotta love snow days!!!

Have a great weekend, friend! 🙂

18. January 24, 2014 / 8:34 pm

Love that you both are matching! I need to do this with Marli before she realizes she is "too cool" for that. You gals look great! Congrats to your friend for opening her shop. That's awesome! Happy weekend!
    Linh

19. January 24, 2014 / 10:49 pm

And now I'm loving all the same things.. Especially those brownies 🙂

20. January 25, 2014 / 12:07 am

Love you two and your matching pieces!!! I am loving your dress!! I'm obsessed with black and white right now!

21. January 25, 2014 / 1:20 am

Love the heart brownies 🙂 looks so yummy

22. January 25, 2014 / 2:45 pm

I love that garland and HOW CUTE are you two with the matching denim!?

23. January 26, 2014 / 2:39 am

I love your Valentine's Day garland! It's way too cute. 🙂

24. January 27, 2014 / 4:20 pm

Love your hair!!!
    -Chelsea
    weddingbellsandpuppydogtails.blogspot.com

25. February 1, 2014 / 5:10 am

Okay:

1. Your hair is amazing and I am turning all shade of green over it.

2. I love jean jackets (I still have my first one from 9th grade – and it still fits!!)

3. I am totally lazy on the valentines decorating. Hopefully I'll get it up this weekend!!

4. I am in love with gold right now too. It's more color inspiration for Ellie's birthday (along with coral and mint) as well a with emerald for my birthday!! This bracelet is gorg!!