I did my very best to patiently wait for Thanksgiving to come & go before officially embracing all things Christmas, but oh my! There were many moments it was all I could do to keep myself from dressing as Mrs. Claus & putting Waverly Maye in an elf costume. 🙂
Whatever the case, we made it & now it really is the most wonderful time of the year.
Bring on the scented candles, festive music & holiday FASHIONS, there is no turning back now!
I always love the holidays, but am more excited than ever know that I know how much more fun Christmas with a little one can be!!! Waverly was 5 months last holiday season, so this year she will definitely be able to understand more & we plan to take advantage of every little moment.
How about a holiday bucket list to make this month official?!
1. Decorate our first home! Yay for having our OWN house this year for the holidays! One of the first things I thought about when our agent first showed us this house was how perfect it would be to decorate at Christmas. Can’t wait to DECK THOSE HALLS … that are all our very own!
2. Make our very own ornaments.
3. Drive around town to see the lights.
4. Girls ornament exchage with cocktails instead of kids.
6. Bake some holiday goodness for friends & family.
7. Watch Christmas movies … namely Home Alone, Miracle on 34th Street & Christmas Story.
Most likely as my toddler runs rampant through the house, but it’s the thought that counts, right?!
8. Go see SANTA!! Although I will admit, we have already taken Waverly to see Santa twice this year, it just hasn’t been official yet since she hasn’t been on his lap. And let’s just say, girlfriend doesn’t seem to LOVE the big guy. Think good thoughts for me on our actual trip soon.
9. Take Waverly Maye to her Christmas party at our kids gym & bring her first “teachers” some cute Christmas goodies!
10. Choose from our advent calender each day, which will have lots treats & activities.
11. Shop until we drop! And then once we cross everyone off of our list, still go to the mall as much as possible just to be a part of all the fun, which is probably so very dangerous. 🙂
12. Host Christmas dinner.
13. Make Christmas cookies for Santa.
14. Keep a holiday-scented Bath & Body Works candle burning as much as possible.
15. Dress in festive fashions all month long!!!!!
So there you have it, I call them my FESTIVE FIFTEEN! I am such a list kind of girl, so I can think of no better way to kick off this month than this. I may just print this out life-size & attach it to our fridge. If my husband wouldn’t officially think I was Christmas crazy. 🙂
I hope that everyone is having the BEST start to the holiday season & are taking full advantage!!!
Looking forward to Friday’s post with lots more holiday goodness. 🙂
Have a good rest of the week!